Tuesday, February 20, 2007

First day

After 20 hr long horrible flight, finally reached Bangalore. We got adequate help to load the baggage into a small indica. This one had a carrier on the top, so 3 big bags were tied on top. Did part with exactly 1 US dollar for help from 3-4 people. They asked for more, didnt have change.

Anyways, this apartment is quite close to airport. Didnt look as well as I expected it to look (from outside). It is an individual apartment building. However, the facilities are adequate. There is telephone, internet, hot water, TV etc. 2 bedrooms and nice furniture.

There is kitchen downstairs and we just need to pick up the phone and order food or anything else. They get it for us.

Felt very nice about the variety of channels I can watch. Was pleasantly surprised to know that all sitcoms I used to watch in US, like seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, Simpsons... everything is available on Star World. Only issue would be wresting the remote from her. In addition, there are lots of old hindi movie/song channels. Should keep me busy for sometime.

I got up very late this morning and had breakfast brought to the apartment and am still lazing around. Until, I get out of this place, I wont think about missing US.

So far so good.. may be better.

No comments: